Monday, August 21, 2017

Beard in Mind - 5 Star read!

I absolutely LOVED Beard in Mind. I was on pins and needles waiting for this book to come out and it didn't disappoint.

One of my favorite things about Penny's books is the reality of them. Yes, there is a love story, and there is humor, but what I love the most is the honest stories that everyday readers can relate to.

Shelly's OCD resonates with a lot of people who have the same diagnosis, but it also resonates with those who have a fear of others (or their touch) for one reason or another. It resonates with people who have daily struggles that most people can't relate too and it demonstrates so clearly that not everyone's struggle is a visible one.

I loved Shelly's strength and perseverance.  She is truly a hero in my book and I hope she is viewed that way by ANYONE who reads this book.

Beau was an amazing hero as well. He had a patience and understanding that most people wouldn't have. He took the time to learn about Shelly's issues and how to do what was best for her. He didn't force her into any treatments she wasn't ready for and wanted to be what was there for her. And he felt the hurt that she did when she was struggling. He helped guide her with her family and into her recovery.  He was a buffer when she needed it, gave her a push when she got stuck, and picked her back up when she fell. The love between them was so evident.

Penny creates this world of love and home that most other books can't even compare to. It's a delicate balance of romance, fiction, and realty and I am so glad I am able to jump into these worlds and enjoy her characters.

-until next time
J

No comments:

Post a Comment