Monday, August 29, 2016

Aurora Rose Reynolds' Wide Open Spaces is a must read

Displaying wide open spaces cover.jpgI always look forward to a new ARR release and Wide Open Spaces was no different. I have been waiting to read about Shelby and Zach since they were mentioned in Fighting to Breathe.

Their story is one many people can relate to, whether they have adopted a child or put a child up for adoption and I cannot even fathom the emotions that go into either side. ARR did an amazing job of portraying how much love and heartbreak go into making that decision and exactly how hard the aftermath can be – regardless of doing what was best for a child.

Wide Open Spaces also demonstrates how love can conquer large voids left in someone’s heart. And sometimes, love never really fades away. It seemed like Zach and Shelby immediately picked up where they left off. Like their love never really disappeared.

I have to saw, I always look for a little more action or a little more story from ARR, but I think this book was exactly what it needed to be. It was emotional, with some good nuggets of knowledge. Some people that read it will see a different side of adoption, while others will feel like they weren’t alone in a decision they made in their own lives. 

- J


Oh my word. This book may be one of Aurora's best! It drew me in emotionally from the very start. I mean, I was actually crying from the dedication, and that emotion was carried on throughout the entire book.

This book is possibly one of the best second chance romances I've read. This isn't Aurora's first second chance book (there's Fighting to Breathe, A Second Chance Holiday, & Until Lilly) but this might be my favorite of all of her second chance stories.

We meet Shelby & Zach on one of the most painful days of their lives, and it just broke my heart. Cut to 15 years later and Shelby is coming home to Alaska.

I love that when we meet Shelby she's recovering from an hard time of life and that we are able to journey with her while she heals. To her surprise (& horror) she's living next door to the one man she could never forget, even though she tried. Shelby has had to become a strong woman because of everything she's been through. To me that made it so satisfying to see her get her HEA.

Zach sees Shelby again & decides that he was going to get his woman back. He is a typical Aurora Rose Reynolds hero, he is over the top, loves his woman & family, and he'll do whatever he has to do to keep them safe. I loved that he doesn't give up and that he shows Shelby that they were meant to be together.

I love getting to see their two families merge and learn to get along.
This book was so good. It kept moving and I seriously couldn't put it down! I was up until 1 am so I could finish the story!! There were moment of drama and trouble but just enough to keep it entertaining without being overwhelming.

I'm so excited to see that there will be one more book in the series! I can't wait to see how Aurora works her magic with Aubrey's story!!!!

-L 

No comments:

Post a Comment