Thursday, July 6, 2017

Until Sage...the review

I was SOOO excited to read Until Sage since I had been anticipating it since I read Until Jax.
While the book wasn't bad AT ALL, I have to say I was a little disappointed. It seemed like there  were a TON of different aspects of the book for Kimberly (her relationship with her mother, the loss of her sister, her relationship with Sage, her medical issues, etc.) and the book just moved from one aspect to the other without truly diving into the subject matter or giving real context. It was also hard for me because towards the end of the book I felt like Kimberly was either always crying or they were always having sex. (ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with that...I think I was just expecting more).

With that being said, I still loved Sage and Kimberly. I loved that he was there to save her, but she was also willing/trying to save herself.  She was a strong female character (despite the constant crying). Sage was a stereo-typical male who jumps to conclusions, over-reacts and then has to own the consequences. They were both human. It's always nice to see the human side of people prevail in the books. Their dynamic is truly interesting and I can't wait to see how they appear in the coming books.

until next time,
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment