Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Kylie Scott knows how to write a ...Dirty... book



I LOVE reading anything by Kylie Scott. If you haven't read something by her, Go. Get. One. Now! SERIOUSLY. GO!


I had been patiently waiting the release of Dirty for months! Then, when it is finally released, work got in the way and I had to wait to read. wah wah wah. But, alas, I snuck it in this weekend and boy am I glad I did! 

We first met the leading man in Kylie's Stage Dive series and I was super excited to see his name show up in the spin off! Kylie has a way of creating characters in all of her books that flow together effortlessly. They can be COMPLETE opposites, have the same sense of humor, or just not seem like they would belong together at all. But in Kylie's world, they fit together seamlessly. 

Lydia was by far my favorite heroine from Kylie. What girl could pick herself up after finding out at her wedding that her fiance was with his best man in 48 hours?! (I guess if you had a man like Vaughn it might not be too hard, but still.) And picked herself up still after Vaughn left her - she didn't let these men break her! She was a strong woman throughout the book, but also showed she was still human and had feelings. I was enraptured from the first page! (Though I do wish there would have been more time spent in their love interest.)

The secondary characters in this book brought something to love too. This series is something you are going to love - I cannot wait to see what happens to Pat. And I have already pre-ordered Joe's book, Twist

This is a great book with the perfect amount of sweet, funny and steamy! Gives you all the feels without a book hangover to go with it. 

4 stars from me - simply because I wish there was a little more with the love interest, but still a great lite read!

Until next time!

between friends,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment