Sunday, May 1, 2016

The Blogger Diaries Trilogy by KD Robichaux

Since this past December KD Robichaux has become one of my all time favorite authors. I discovered her books because, besides being an amazing author, she is also an editor, and on Amazon, her name would always pop up as someone who worked with some of the authors' books I would buy. Then, I was reading a book by Aurora Rose Reynolds (The Until Series) and in her acknowledgements she mentioned Kayla; so I decided to check out her books and various social media accounts.

Shortly after that I was following her on Instagram and on Facebook. I followed her blog page (Kayla the Bibliophile) & her author page. One of the things that I love most about Kayla is that we're both from North Carolina and have both moved to Texas. Her books were on my Christmas list this past year & Santa was very nice and got them for me! So of course I posted about it on IG & was surprised (& pleased) that she started following me back on IG & friended me on Facebook!!! I was so excited! I've gotten to know her over the past 5 months & I love that she is always willing to answer any questions or hear what I thought about a certain part of the series. Plus, I love that we can bond a bit about things from NC, and more recently over our love of all things Supernatural. I got to meet her in April at the Books Are Bigger In Texas event. I was so excited and nervous, but when we saw each other we had the biggest hug! She is the nicest & happiest person I've ever met.

Her books intrigued me because they're about how she and her husband got together. I'm a VERY nosy person & a hopeless romantic, so the idea of a series about how two people got together is the best of both worlds for me.

 In book 1 "Wished for You" Kayla leaves North Carolina and heads to Texas for a semester in Houston, and while she's there she meets Jason & is instantly in love. I feel like some people would scoff at that idea, but when you're reading the book and seeing how she feeling and what she's thinking, you just know it's the truth. Unfortunately since the series is a trilogy Jason & Kayla don't have their HEA at the end of book 1.

"Wish He Was You" is book 2, and in this book you see Kayla trying to pick up the pieces of her broken heart & soul back in NC. I think this is one of the most heartbreaking parts of the series because you can just see how difficult it is for her to get through each day. After awhile she meets Aiden, and they have a whirlwind relationship. The relationship isn't great (you can tell she tries, but he isn't Jason) but during that time she gets one of the best things, her daughter Josalyn. I don't want to give too many spoilers but shortly after Josalyn is born, Kayla & Aiden break up. Out of all of the books I was the most heartbroken at the end of this one. For some reason (and it might be that I had to wait for book 3 to be written & published!) I was just exhausted for Kayla. She had been through so much and I just wanted her to be with her prince charming and have her HEA.

 I had to wait until March to read book 3, "Wish Come True". I was lucky enough to win an ARC in her private reader group and as soon as she sent it to me I started reading and only stopped for sleep and work! I was so happy to be able to see how she & Jason got back together! At the end of book 1 you want to hate him for how he ended their relationship, but he 100% redeems himself. You can tell how much he realized he needed her, and Kayla is over the moon that shes with her dream man! One of my favorite things is how much Jason loves Josalyn. She is his baby from the moment he meets her. In this book you see how they have their youngest, Avary, and how they get engaged, & their wedding. This was my favorite book from the start! I just love the happiness that is felt throughout the whole book.

 I think that everyone should check out this series. It was such a great and easy read. I would definitely recommend that you make sure that you have plenty of time to read when you start, because you will not want to stop once you start. Lucky for y'all, you don't have to wait for any books to come out!!! Her books are available on all formats!

Where to find KD Robichaux:
IG: @kaylathebibliophile
FB: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorKDRobichaux
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/KDRobichaux

 Go check it out y'all!

 between friends
 L

No comments:

Post a Comment