Friday, April 1, 2016

Laura's Introduction

Hey! I guess it's my turn to introduce myself 😊
Like Jamie said in her post, we bonded over our love of all book Kristen Ashley; funnily enough, we met in college and had several classes together! We talked school and life, but we never discussed books-which is surprising for me. As a self-identified super awkward and, at times, painfully quiet introvert, usually I am happiest to talk about a favorite book or author of mine.

As an introvert, I find that books are the best way for me to recharge from the craziness that is everyday life (I live in a house with 4 kids!). I love finding a new character that I can relate to, or how an author is able to drag me, at times kicking and screaming, into their world and fall in love with their characters, whether they deserve that love or not!

To me, one of the greatest things about books is that it doesn't matter where you live, your age, what's happening in your life--you are able to find a place to belong. And in the community of book lovers I have found a group of people who can understand why I choose to escape the daily grind and find a new life for a couple hours. For me each book is an emotional journey, and whether I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts or crying because my heart has been broken I couldn't think of a better way to escape the world 😊

Hopefully Jamie & I can help y'all find some new favorite books and create a place and community to find others who feel the same.

Until next time😘

between friends,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment