Friday, April 22, 2016

My very FIRST book signing event!

Hey y'all!

So 2 weeks ago (sorry to take so long to post about it!) I got to experience my very FIRST book signing event!!! I was able to go to the Books are Bigger in Texas (or BABIT) author event, and I have to say that it was one of the most fun and awesome weekends of my life!

I originally discovered this event because one of my favorite authors (KD Robichaux) was a participant. I discovered her books right before Christmas, and quickly devoured her first 2 books,  Wished For You & Wish He Was You. Anyway, once I heard she was part of this event, I really wanted to go meet her & tell her how much I enjoyed her books. I mean, who doesn't want the ability to share with someone how they've impacted your life, whether its just that they make you smile, or for me, that they're able to make you escape your life and see how someone else lives.  It's one of the reasons that I love books. So, as soon as I was able to, I purchased tickets!

After I did research, I found out that there were a bunch of authors that I admire were also attending. I was even more excited to attend once I found out that Kathy Coopmans, Kacey Shea, Lani Lynn Vale, Terri Anne Browning, Skye Warren, Rochelle Paige, and Hilary Storm (to name a few) were part of the event.  Now I've mentioned before that I'm a self proclaimed super awkward introvert, so going out and making myself talk to people that I admire is very difficult.  I was very lucky that my friend, Kathleen, was able to go with me. I was so excited because several of my favorite people would be in the same room as me, AND there were several book cover models attending as well. And I hate to be someone who only appreciates a pretty face or body, but honestly, it was so cool to be able to meet several of the men, and women, who grace the covers of the books that I love so much!

I loved meeting all of the authors and getting some of my babies (my paperbacks) signed by the women who wrote them! :) I was worried about seeming awkward or too much like a fangirl, but honestly, it seemed like most of the authors were just as worried about having people come see them.  One of the things I was most worried about was talking to the authors I hadn't read before. Luckily Kathleen was amazing at breaking the ice! We'd take turns picking a table and she'd go over and start by saying that we hadn't read their books before but we liked their table, and then she'd ask about which book of theirs was their favorite and which one they'd suggest we start reading first. I definitely discovered several new authors to check out.

I honestly think that all bibliophiles should go to at least one book signing in their life. It is a wonderful way to meet some of the people you admire & get your babies signed. Someone found out that it was my first signing, and they said "It'll be the first of many! Once you start going to them you get addicted."

I have to say that's the truth, I'm already planning on going to another in July!!

Until next time,

between friends
L




No comments:

Post a Comment